The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services has posted a special site about the COVID-19, more commonly known as the coronavirus. For updates, please visit https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina.
For assistance about COVID-19, dial 2-1-1 or 888-892-1162. Sign up for updates by texting COVIDNC to 898211.
According to the NCDHHS site, people are encouraged to do the following to help stop the spread of the virus:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds at a time.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Do not reuse tissue after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched.