Mountain Gateway Museum Will Open to the Public Sept. 10!
Mountain Gateway Museum will open to the public Sept. 10 with some new procedures in place to help ensure the safety of staff and visitors.
- The museum will be open for self-guided tours Tuesday – Saturday from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. The hours of 10 a.m. to noon will be reserved for Friends of the Mountain Gateway Museum members and select individuals including senior citizens, pregnant persons, and those at high risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
- Maximum occupancy is limited to 10 guests.
- Increased cleaning of frequently touched surfaces including door handles, hand rails, countertops, and rest rooms.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout the museum for public use.
- Our gift shop is open, and staff is available assist you in examining items.
- Our log cabins will remain closed.
Visitors are encouraged to follow the “Three Ws” as outlined by the N.C. Dept. of Health and Human Services – WEAR a cloth face mask; WAIT in line at least six feet away from others, and WASH hands frequently or use hand sanitizer. If you are experiencing symptoms of illness, we ask that you postpone your visit.
Keep up to date with our plans by visiting our website at mgmnc.org or following us on social media on Facebook (Mountain Gateway Museum and Heritage Center) and Instagram (mtngateway). You may also call or email us Monday – Friday from 9:00 – 5:00 at 828-668-9259 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you soon!